Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

May 25, 2007

Well, car trip today! I am going to Annopolis, Maryland. Mom is going to a concert, me and dad will hang out at Barnes and Noble or some other store. We would go too but the law won't let me since its a bar and I am not 21. Oh well, I can always buy some time at the hot spot at Barnes and Noble or check out some books.

I am working on rewriting my site with DreamWeaver CS3 V9 now. This is an amazing program! I got to say, way better then NVU for sure. Its funny how often I actually rewrite my site. Its still very basic until I get better with DreamWeaver.

This sucks, I need internet access to get the dates for the past blog entries and the single is encrypted. I will have to wait to do that page I guess. This day is a bit of a waste since it was too far to walk to Barnes and Noble, and we can't take the car or we will have to pay for parking. Too bad really.

There is really 2 concerts tonight. One is at 6:30 and second is at 9:30. So we are most likely stuck here until 12 or later. plus 4 hours or more for the trip back home. FUN FUN FUN! If you didn't notice, this entry is pretty much written at night while we are waiting for the concerts to be over. I am kind of mad that Starbucks WiFi is 10 bucks a day! Yeah, for a few hours of WiFi its not worth it.

One of the weird things is how hot the laptop is getting. On the way down here, I noticed it at 72C. All I had running was Dream Weaver and Winamp with a file playing. I even had the Antec cooler running. I am wondering if there just isn't enough power to run this thing fast enough to run the fans fast enough to really cool the thing when the CPU is at full bore. I am debating installing a 4 cell holder into the thing. Wire it into the board where the USB plug is. We will see what happens!

I am thinking that the laptop may need to be cleaned again if its running this hot. I wonder is there is a way to increase the cooling. I did notice that the vent has 4 openings, 3 of which are blocked off. I am thinking of removing the blocking plastic sheeting and increase the cooling. If it doesn't help I can always put it back on again.

I finally got to experience Starbucks coffee. I got a ventee vinilla bean frapachino. My dad got some caramel thing that was pretty good. I have to say that while its good coffee, its just to expensive for me to drink it often. I do like the iced frapchino though. Good on a hot day, as long as you got something to drink afterwards as it made me quite thirsty. Would I buy one again? Sure if I had 5 bucks I didn't care about. Good but expensive.

I am trying to get more use from my PDA's. I am not going to college anytime soon, if I even go. I am planning on taking at least a year off. I may take some time off, work at a store like Best Buy for a while, then go to college part time for a degree in either web design or software engineering. I personally want to get into either but don't feel like wasting the time or money on college. I am just so sick and tired of school. At least with a job I enjoy (computers) I will be doing something I like and getting paid to do so. I will be doing cheap web design work if any one is interested. There is an Email link on the about page. I can do basic stuff but I am trying to learn how to do better stuff. I have a few books I am reading to get better.

I am tweaking my computer a bit lately. I got a buddy icon and wallpaper now. Can you guess what? Caffeine! I love my caffeine. In fact, one of my book marks is a caffeine blog! Very cool if you ask me. I am trying to get some good programs to install too. I want to make this laptop as useful as possible. Also since the summer is coming, the only major use besides internet and music related stuff, will be my website. I will be trying to do some different stuff this summer.

You know what I find pretty funny... Laptops are getting smaller and at the same time, they are getting bigger. You see these 20 inch monster laptops, and then on the other side, you see these cute (yes, cute...) little 8 inchers. Whats funnier yet is the smaller ones get better battery life too. There are some little ones that get like 7 hours plus and then the 20 inchers get like an hour. What gives!?!? They have so much more room for the batteries but they don't use it...

Also, batteries are something that annoy me badly. They die so fast, and they cost so much money. I would love to have a battery like the iBook batteries. You press a button and 4 LED's light up for you. I would love to have a few batteries to keep for car trips. Also, why can't they have a jack on them for charging? Its hard to have to charge the battery in the laptop if you have a few batteries to charge up. I would love to have something similar to my old Axim cradle. It had a space for a spare battery. Better yet, a space on the adpater to plug in a charge cable.

There is also something I would love to do with my Acer. Pop out the optical drive and use a battery. Even if it gave me an extra 2 hours, I would still rather have that extra 2 hours. There is also one thing that I wish I could do with my Acer as far as batteries go: an extended battery. My current battery is a monster 8 cell battery already, but a 12 or even a 16 would make me so much happier. I oculd deal with a bigger battery... There is alot of space on the back of the laptop.

One of the things that drives me nuts is that its just so hard to travel with a laptop. Its easy to carry just the laptop in a bag, but then you need all your other stuff too. Sure, I could travel so light but I need my adapter, inverter, cooler pad usually, and sometimes a lot of other crap like my APC battery and my USB hard drive in case.

No comments: