Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

May 26, 2007

You probably noticed that the entry for yesterday was also posted at the same time as this one. This is because I didn't get home until 3:30AM and went right to bed. I described yesterday that I was going to open up that vent and I did. I noticed that the temperature is hovering a little lower now. My new idea is to force air into the vent with he homeade laptop cooler I am going to make. I'm going to use a 120MM fan with 10 NIMH AA batteries for portable use and with a plug for using a 12V power supply. This will work good I hope. My build plan is to sandwhich the fan between something. I may make this only work with the 12V. I do not now how long these batteries will power the fan.

The laptop cooler idea wil not be a cheap one if it works. The fan will run me about 10 bucks or so. I'm also looking into designing a feed system for it. I want to have it draw air from the sides instead of the bottom. The bottom feed will be blocked most of the time. The side feed disign will help by drawing air from the sides that will remain unblocked. This will also be a tad on the thick side too. The batteries will add weight to it also. But it will aid in cooling the laptop.

I would love to get a new laptop really. I would love to get a dual core Turion for when I nee some extra oomph. There is nothing wrong with my Acer but I would love to have more power. I can lock the laptop to 800MHZ and still do a lot of stuff. I can run DreamWeaver on it afterall. I would love more battery life though too. There is also the option of getting a more portable laptop one day. I want something like an OQO! They are so small and easy to take everywhere. Too bad they have to be like 2 grand!

No comments: