Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May 1, 2007

Well, its been a while since I had a chance to update this. This is due to lazyness mostly. I am planning on more frequent updates this summer. I am also planning on redesigning the site again while I add some new pages.

I have been trying to get the OFNA working andf I think that I have found the problem now. It appears that the servo is pulsating. So now I am trying to pinpoint the fix for the problem. While talking to a friend, I was told that it can be anything from interferance to a bad radio. So I am going to try some of the radio stuff on my dads car. What I want to try is switching the servos too and see if it does it. If it does, then its not the radio.

I watched a old movie over the weekend on Youtube. Its in 12 parts. The movie is called "Electric Dreams". Its a 1984 computer movie. Its pretty cool. I won't spoil it but the computer takes over the guys life. I have the ending song stuck in my head. If you have the time, I say watch the movie.

I am really impressed with OpenSuSE 10.2 really. I can't belive that I have everything, including my Wi-Fi, working except for a few little snags. The Wi-Fi doesn't always work. Sometimes, which is a common problem, the knetworkmanager will hang at 28%: Configuring Device. Also, I get a "Suspend Failed" error sometimes too. I am still trying to find out how to get the laptop to suspend to disk when the lid is closed. Also, sometimes the mouse cursor will jump when im typing. This may be me bumping the touch pad though.

Besides these little problems, I am happy that I can be running Linux again. Of course, Theres always the whole Pocket PC thing... I can't sync on Linux... This is why I have a IBM ThinkPad 570 still running Windows. I wish that PPC was like Palm and have the same file on the PC and the PDA. Its so much easier since if you have a program that can unzip files, you don't need a PC.

I want to get a new toy... Something like a OQO or an old PDA. Just something to play with. I would love to get a older PDA like my NEC but a different one. Like one of the greyscale ones that run on AA batteries. I wouldn't mind a newer model though. I love the form factor of the NEC but the screen makes it hard to use outside, impossible even. I just wish that I had one that the screen could be seen outside. One I would love is a MobilePro 880 which has a square screen. I think its 800 by 600 or similar.

You know whats kind of funny? I have so much stuff and most of it doesn't work or get used. Of my 7 PDA's, only 4 work and one doesnt get used because its too old for my uses. Thats the SJ33, my first PDA. While my NEC is older, Palm OS 4 is kind of useless. Plus, I don't have a keyboard for it now since my Sony one has 2 messed up keys. The other 3 are the iPAQ, Treo, and the NEC. Its a real shame, as i would love to get a different PDA. I really want something with a thumboard and camera, like my Treo, but with Wi-Fi instead of a cell phone and a bigger screen. I don't need the camera but its still nice to have. I also need a replacable battery like my iPAQ has. A PDA that comes to mind is the one iPAQ with a keyboard. The screen on the Treo is annoying not because ist square, but because its too small. In Documents To Go, I have trhe zoom all the way in, and the text is still too small!

I can not wait for summer to be here! I have 21 school days left, my friend is done in 10 days. Not school days either! He gets out May 11 and im out on May 31. A full 20 days longer for me! Then I have 5 days of graduation practice. Oh the joy of it all.

Come summer, I don't know how much of a geek I will be since I should be driving by then. I finished drivers ed so I am going to get a car and practice before I go to take the test. This may mean not being such a geek since I want to get a job this summer.

No comments: