Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Sunday, May 6, 2007

May 5, 2007

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Well, this is some good news! I got a car! Yes, a REAL car! I got a 2003 Ford Focus with about 21,000 miles on it with new tires, and all for the low price of 10,400 off the lot. Its paid for in cash so I own it and not the bank. WooHoo! We paid the down payment yesterday and the car will be in the drive way when I get home on Wednesday. Woo! Its a pretty nice gold color. The sticker says tan/beige but it looks like gold to me. Once I am good with driving, ill get my license. I can't wait.

I ordered a new radio for the RC car too. Its a very nice Futaba Magnum. Its a 2 channel FM radio on the 75 mhz band. I will have it Monday. I love Tower Hobbies! I got it with one servo as I think my throttle servo may be bad. It also may be the reciever though. I got it with channel 69. I didn't care as I am sure no one I know has a RC on that channel. The radio also has a little screen on it. I paid about 100 for it shipped.

Funny, I have a laptop right next to me but I am using the Treo to type this. I am on a little road trip today to a coral fragment swap. The road is so bumpy its too hard to use the laptop without the touchpad getting bumped around and annoying me. On SuSE its too sensitive for me. Still, its sad that I have a laptop and its pretty much always on my desk. If I am going somewhere anymore I usually take the Treo. The laptop is great but I rather use the Treo in the car anymore. The Treo has the lighted keyboard after all.

Speaking of PDA's, the iPAQ is really pissing me off. It won't play all my music. I use WMA so its hard to find a good player. I am thinking of styletap and Pocket Tunes. Thats one thing I miss on Palm, the audio player was better. But it had a flaw too... You couldn't lock the buttons when the screen was off. I wish the PDA had a lock switch on it... The iPAQ has the plastic cover at least! Something I think ALL PDA's should have. This protects the screen to! I use a screen protector but I like to make them last as LONG as I could! They are too expensive to waste!!!!!!!!

No comments: