Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Saturday, June 2, 2007

June 1, 2007

I finished one day of my graduation practice! I got my clothes and where I will be sitting. This will be a fun week. I have 3 more practices then I am done. The graduation is on the 7th of June. Thank god! I am so glad that I am getting out of school. I will be wearing a red cap and gown.

I am trying to get some more use from my older PDA's. I haven't used them much as I should. I am using the NEC to type this now. I would get more use out of the NEC if the keyboard was a tad bigger, and the screen was able to be seen outside. I want to use the NEC more as it makes a good little typewriter... Its easier then using my iPAQ and Bluetooth keyboard. All I have to do is open it and turn it on. The best writer NEC would have to be the NEC MobilePro 880, which is the same as mine, but bigger screen.

The NEC 880 would be a perfect mini laptop if it had a better screen and was faster. I would love to see a modern Handheld PC. It would not run Windows CE, but Linux. Sort of like the Foleo. I see the Foleo and think that Palm just messed it up. They need to make it more mainstream Linux like Ubuntu. I would kill for a small laptop for that price. 500 after a 100 dollar mail in rebate is a good deal for a 10 inch wide screen laptop. Too bad that Palm had to make the Foleo work along side a Treo or similar.

Here is my idea for the Foleo... Make it run a real Linux, like Ubuntu, with a solid state drive. Nothing extreme, only like 4GB. This could be expanded with SD and Compact Flash cards. A 4GB SD card is about 40 on Newegg. You can also get a huge CF card too for pretty cheap. An 8GB card will run about 80. There would also be the option to add more then one SD or CF slot. The SSD can also be bigger if you wish to spend some more money. This would be optional with a base of 4GB. There would also be an option to use a small hard drive. This would be perfect for travel. There could also be an option to have other stuff like a touch pad instead of a track stick, or both.

Its funny how fast you can adjust to a different keyboard. At the beginning of this entry, I needed to adjust to the keyboard so I can type fast. Now after about half an hour of on an off typing, I can type just as fast as I can on my Acer keyboard with just minor typos. It did take me a little longer to adjust to my Bluetooth one as it has no number row. But I still love having that keyboard! I am going to start using it more now too.

The iPAQ will always be my best and favorite PDA. I love Windows Mobile 5 now. Its still funny that when I had my old Dell, I hated it. It ran Pocket PC 2003 SE. This is the version before WM5. I need to find some more software to make it more useful this summer. I have no use for it as a school PDA now. This means that I will need to find some good games at the very least.

I have to admit one thing... I am far passed addicted to energy drinks. I buy them to drink even if I don't need the caffeine. One of my favorites is Monster. I also try every new one that I see. There is one that I didn't chose to try... Its the new limited edition Nascar one from Pepsi. I figure why try a limited edition one I will probably never see again. I do how ever try pretty much everyone I see. I am glad to say that I finally got the Monster M80 I haver been looking for. Guess what? They are having 3 coffee ones now that... Yup, I have to try! I love coffee!

I am also glad to say that even though school is over, I am going to push my self to use it. I am debating using an RSS feed for some more use. I will have a feed for DIGG since its pretty active. I am also considering getting a movie player for it. I know I have been over this before but I would like to get more use out of the iPAQ. I am also planning on using it for some other useful stuff. Now I just need to think of some useful things!

No comments: