Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 13, 2008

I have some BIG announcements I would like to make. These announcements may shock you so I want to make sure you are all sitting down!

The first is a pretty big one but probably the smallest. I installed Ubuntu on my T20 again. This is going to kick off what I like to call Phase 1 of the master plan. This, along with the Vaio running Ubuntu, make up my transition away form Windows.

The Acer will be followed up once I am confident that I do not need Windows XP at all anymore. This is also being held off because of the annoying WiFi problems that I always have with it. It is undecided when I will actually switch the Acer to Ubuntu.

Phase 2 is a big one. I am getting an Averatec 1020 from a very good friend. (If your reading this, you know who you are!) I do not know when he will be sending it out so thus I am unsure when I will get it. This will be a Ubuntu only computer as I have checked around and it will support it 100%. Be on the look out for a review soon.

Phase 3 is the HUGE shocker. I was talking with my good friend last night and he said I may be getting an older Mac Mini. Its a core duo model with 1.25GB of RAM. Now its a long story so I will tell you the short version. When he gets his new Mac Pro, he will go down the hand me down ladder to the relative who has the old Mac Mini. He is going to try to get the Mini for me.

Phase 3.5 will be taking down the Vaio completely. This will leave only the Mac Mini, Averatec 1020, Acer and T20 as my available computers. Phase 3.5.5 will be narrowing it down to Acer, Mini, and Averatec as the only set up computers with possibly removing the Acer from the setup.

Of course everyone reading this is probably stunned by now. I want to thank my good friend for trying to convert me to Apple. I know I have hated on Apple in the past but I have always wanted to try OS X. I never hated the software, just that the hardware is usually way out of my range.

This is a less shocking announcement but still important. I will be going BACK to 110MB hosting. The early readers of my site will remember that I left because they had decided to take away MySQL and I had a small forum at the time. Well now I am going back since I miss the freedom that a site allows me. I will be coding this completely different that will make adding new pages a breeze for me.

Now, like the 2 computers coming soon. I have no idea when this will actually go through fully. For the time being, all entries will be posted here. When I am finished with the site, you will see a post here that says its ready and to hop over to the new page. Once again, until I post a entry saying that the blog has moved, it will be here.

I really wanted to keep the 2 computers under wraps until I got each one but I just had to announce it today with the other announcements. I know that me getting an Apple product is a real surprise. It came as a shock to even me.

Supper today was meatloaf for a change. I haven't had it in a pretty long time. It was really good today. My dad makes it with some ham and a hard boiled egg in the center. The weather was kind of chilly today and will be 47 again tomorrow.

I want to end todays entry with a special thank you to my very good friend who is giving me the computers.

No comments: