Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April 2, 2008

I had some problems today. I took out the RC again. The one way is still slipping but I did fix it a little. I got it to start today and took a walk to the park up the road. The car was running great and I was doing a lot of high speed runs. All was going well until I clipped a plastic barrier that they put up. It was only a few inches tall bit it broke the upper arm on the one side.

What annoys me is not that the car broke but how it broke. The piece of the arm that broke was the turn buckle, a metal rod with threads, not the plastic of the arm. Right before this happened. I started to hear a clicking noise. This means that one of the ring or pinion gears on the differential are going to strip soon.

I will have to take the car apart this weekend and start cleaning it good. This lets me inspect the gears to see if they are stripping. The best way to clean the car of course is to totally take it apart. I need to mix up some cleaner though. I use Purple Power from Wal-Mart since its cheap and works well.

Supper today was fried chicken and French fries. My dad makes really good fried chicken but its really basic. Its just breaded with seasoned bread crumbs and fried on the stove. I really love it on a sandwich. The best thing is that when my dad makes it we have enough left over for a few cold sandwiches! The weather today wasn't bad. It will be 54 tomorrow and rain at night.

No comments: