Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 21, 2007

Hey, look at that! This makes for 9 entries in a row! PLUS A NEW PAGE IS UP! The News page is now up and running. The page is done in the same way I do this blog. I am also planning on trying to get more pages up, if I can think of anything worth adding!

As you may recall, I said I was experimenting with Ubuntu on my Acer. Well guess what is working now! Yep! I got it to work with no problems so far. The mouse is still a little fast but is doing much better now. I also have my screen resolution set to WXGA (thats 1280 by 800 in case you didn't know) and my WiFi works fine. What more could I ask for? Heres a screen shot for everyone who cares...

You can see I have it the way I like it and all my usual programs are there. I do have one regret though, my website is back to being hand coded again. I don't know if I can get Dream Weaver to run under WINE. To tell the truth, I enjoy coding the site by hand. I think Dream Weaver makes me lazy. Its also much more fun to code it all!

You know, I am really getting sick of my iPAQ having weird errors. The one I got today said it couldn't save the file due to not enough memory. This is a outright lie! I have plenty of free memory. I have gotten this error before too. It drives me nuts when I can't save my file I am working on. This is by far the biggest flaw on my iPAQ. The main reason I hate this is I like Word Mobile more then Documents To Go. I just want a basic editor really.

I am going to be getting that Clie soon! This will be my new PDA since I can't use the iPAQ on Linux. I can get it to sync on Linux with Evolution, but thats useless for me. I don't use the PIM applications much if at all really.

I just thought about something with the ThinkPad T20. Its only 800MHZ but most of the times, thats all my Acer is running at. In fact, I am at 800MHZ most of the time. Ubuntu should run great on the T20 too. I am hoping we can get the trade done soon. We are just waiting on the second T20 hes getting.

The new page link will be added to all other pages soon. I am focusing on the main pages first, then the older blog entries. I just ask that everyone keep patient. The news page should follow same schedule ad the blog does. There may, however, be days with only one of the two.

No comments: