Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 20, 2007

Well look at this, 8 entries in a row! This site is really getting good now! Infact, I am thinking of adding a new page! The new page will be news and stuff that I find online that I find interesting. News will be found on Digg, Engadget, and some PDA sites. I would also like to add some pages from other sites that I enjoy, like RinkWorks, Wikipedia, and Snopes

Okay, I lied. I am dabbling in Linux once again on my Acer. This time however, I did get the graphics card working just fine. I just had to go into the xorg.conf file and add my resolution to the list. This made it work just fine for me. The touch pad is still a problem though and I am trying to get that working.

There is also another problem with Linux, making this site. I enjoy using DreamWeaver and I can not get this program to work in WINE. I can always dual boot or try VMWare. This would be a installation of Windows running inside the installation of Linux. This would be a solution but is also annoying. There is one thing I can do, and will do, that will work just perfectly!

I will use Ubuntu on the IBM ThinkPad T20 when ever he decides to start the trade. This will allow me to keep the installation of XP on my Acer. I was smart enough to install Linux on a different hard drive to keep my Windows one from the Acer just fine and dandy. I can just switch the hard drives and run either Windows or Linux. I also have an install of Ubuntu on the good old IBM ThinkPad 570 too that I can play with! Fun times there!

Ever feel like not using a flash drive because the file is just too small to be worth it. I feel like that a lot of times now. I use mine to transport very small files that don't even deserve a floppy disk! I am talking about simple documents like this page. I usually use a very small memory card anymore too.

I am getting more use of the NEC MobilePro a lot more now. I am using it as much as I can but I can't use it outside. The screen, as I have said a million times before, is impossible to see outside! The screen is BLANK outside, which is a real shame. This makes a great laptop as its so small. Too bad really, as I only do my website on these trips.

Has anyone heard anything new on the Asus Eee PC yet? I heard that the 16GB model will be 400 bucks and be available in the UK in a few weeks. I also heard that it will be running a version of Linux that looks like Windows XP. I still want one of these things! They are the perfect road trip computer. Plus that they run Linux, and that just makes is so much better!

After that rain yesterday, the grass really grew! Wow! I will have to mow the lawn before I can run my buggy! That is the worst part of having a buggy is that they are totally killed by tall grass! I would love to make a truggy but that will cost me a ton of money to make. The tires and wheels would be about 100 dollars, if not more, alone! This doesn't include everything else I would need. Too bad really as they are more stable then a monster truck!

I think RC is getting more serious. Look at companies like Traxxas and Duratrax! They are making more and more advancements to me. Traxxas has gone from the 2.5 to the 3.3, and now they are selling brushless motors. Duratrax is even making a truggy now! I would love to see Traxxas make a 1/8 scale buggy! I love buggies and would like to see them make one. Traxxas redefined the monster truck and I would love to see what they could do with a buggy chassis.

No comments: