Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 13, 2007

Well, it looks like my Treo is being traded for a IBM ThinkPad T20 with an 800MHZ Pentium III, 40GB hard drive, and 256MB of RAM. This will be my travel laptop most likely. I plan on installing Linux but I may use Windows on it. The only thing about Linux is that it takes awhile to boot. I will just have to see.

I did put Ubuntu on my IBM ThinkPad 570 though. Its running slow which may be because of the slower CPU. Its only 366MHZ. Also since the hinge is so lose, its useless as a laptop. I am surprised that my WiFi card even worked just fine after the install. I guess they included the MADWiFi Atheros chipset drivers. I am glad that it works as if the one he includes on the trade doesn't work, I have a backup. He is including a card but all I know about it is that its a Linksys card.

This is kind of funny. I got the Palm T3 for free which I traded for the Treo which I am trading for the T20. I wonder what I ill trade the T20 for! Also funny, now I will have 3 laptops. It took me so long to even get one! I do plan on using this one more for travel instead of my Acer. Its a little smaller actually. This will be good for the Focus as compared to the SportTrac, I have less room for the laptop.

I gave my dad my 4GB SD card and 2GB Ultra II card. This is because now that I have a new MP3 player, I don't need it. I still have a few other cards that I can use if I need them. I have 3 1GB cards left over, and a few little ones. I also finished my Zen Vision:M review!

I want to start getting more blog entries up soon. The site is lacking in updates as of late. I don't want this site to die. I hope to do more pages soon. I also need to get more reviews up. I am planning on reviewing my laptops soon. I will have some “vintage” reviews. The two IBM laptops will be reviewed as well as my NEC. This is if all goes as planned of course.

No comments: