Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Friday, August 10, 2007

August 10, 2007

It feels great to be back! Yes, I am on Linux 100% again. How long will I last this time? Only time shall tell. As I have tried this before, I am forcing my self to break away from XP. I will run only Linux. The Acer is the laptop that never seems to accept Linux. This time I will be FORCING MY SELF to get it working to my liking.
This also means that my iPAQ is now a stand alone PDA as I will not be connecting it to my laptops anymore unless I am charging it. Good thing for me there are the CAB files that programs tend to have. This means I can just copy them to an SD card and install that way. Good thing for me! I could always get a palm though. Too bad that Palm OS is crap for me.
Whats really great is that I have the 2 laptops set up almost exactly the same. Its nice to be able to use either laptop and feel at home on the operating system. I keep all my main files on a flash drive so that I can have them on each computer. I still have the Portable Applications Suite on the 4GB Sandisk Cruzer Micro. I am thinking that I may just take them off the drive. I don't get much chance to use other computers in the summer.
Well guess what? I got a new phone! My dads phone decided to stop charging so we went to the Verizon store and they said we could get our new phones now. We got 2 LG VX8300 phones. I got a case, car charger and Bluetooth headset. I gave dad my charger since I don't need it. He will get a case in a little while. The headset is a Jabra 135. I am hoping the volume is loud enough on this one!!!

No comments: