Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

August 4, 2007

The forums are up and running now. I just ask that if you register, to shut off all the email options until I buy sendmail. MMMKAY? Thanks!
Well, there is one thing that is really annoying me right now. That is the fact that I have a laptop. Why I am I annoyed about having such a useful device you ask? Well its more less that I can not have a desk the way I would like it. I want to have a desk with as little cable clutter as possible. That’s one thing I just can’t have with a laptop right now. When you have a desktop, all the cables go toward the back and stay that way. A laptop on the other hand is very different. I want to have all cables, like my USB and power cables to go back instead of being on the desk. Its annoying to see! The best thing is that everything but the basics are out of the way. If I had a laptop with several rear USB ports on the other hand... That would allow me to plug in what I need without the 7 port hub I have.
Also one thing annoying me is that I can’t use my 4GB SD card in my PC card format reader. It works with a 2GB but not my 4GB. That is really annoying as I rather use the nice size one. The good thing is that the 2GB is black though so it matches the iPAQ better. Who had the bright idea to make the cards blue is beyond me. I think the black ones look the best as everything is black or silver. Hell, most every PDA I have seen, the area near the card slot is black. I don’t care if it matches but I think it looks nice at least!!!
Ok, another annoying thing is that software seems to be either too much or too little. The perfect example has got to be with me and my iPAQ right now. Word Mobile cannot open more then one file at a time. That’s the main flaw but there a few little ones like the background spell checker. Now SoftMaker Office 2006 has these and WAY more. All I want is a basic editor that can do a Word file or a text file, and more then one of them. All I care about is being able to have a quick text file open, and the main file I am doing. I use the quick text file for making coding easier. Its a lot easier to me to copy and paste the template page then type the whole thing. I also have what I need in there to remember what I need to do. Like I have samples of IMG tags. This helps me for when I can’t remember what the tag is.
I found out that my favorite freeware file manager is also an FTP client. This means that I can update this site from the PDA that I code it on. Cool huh? I haven’t tried it yet as I need to do the finishing touches on the laptop but its nice to know that I could if need be! Funny as I was going to look for an FTP client for it too! What makes this great is that I can do a lot of stuff from the iPAQ! I have my instant messengers on it too. I can even go on IRC!
You know, IRC is pretty much useless! I go on looking for a Pocket PC chat looking for someone to talk to... There are no channels for it really. There’s a Handheld PC chat I go into some times that’s pretty fun. I am still looking for chats on other servers. I only check EFNET really. I do have my channel on the Freenode servers. If you want to go in, its on irc.freenode.net and the channel #MikeyPizano. Come on in to chat!
Why is it that software can’t be just what I need? A great example is SoftMaker Office 2006. Its very nice but overpowered. It has all I want and sooo much more! The thing is, there is only 2 features I really need. The background spellchecking with the red squiggles, and the multiple files at once. The other stuff, I can care less about everything else! Not to mention the fact the program takes up about 20MB!!! I have to look more.
I do this on my iPAQ and when I started this last night... Well, I had just finished the first page and TextMaker crashed! On me!!!!!! Lucky me, it save Every 8 minutes! This means that I didn’t lose much! Good thing I didn’t as when I am doing this I am just pulling stuff of the top of my head! This makes it pretty hard to remember what I typed! Just goes to show you that you really need to save often!
You know, its funny really... I am using the iPAQ more now then when I was in school! I was actually looking into getting either a case or an extended battery for it. This would help me out in the long haul. I did get a new stylus pen though. The old PhDMulti was on clearance for $2.50 so I said why not... They are not the most durable pens ever but for the price I figured why not get one right. I was going to get more then one but they didn’t have anymore. Too bad as they are nice for desk pens.
I also decided to try and learn PHP. I got a copy of PHP/MYSQL For Dummies for 7 bucks at Ollies Bargain Outlet. Unlike HTML For Dummies, I actually want to learn PHP so I will read this. This will be a fun experience as now I can make the site interactive. My first plan is to have a “add a link” form on the site. This would be much better then having the email link. It could be instant this way. The only problem is abuse. I guess I could have the form email me the link once I get sendmail. Of course there are the forums where you can post the link.
I got to go to my favorite place today... THE CHINESE BUFFET! We went to that new one again but for dinner instead of lunch. Oh god they had my favorite thing there too: CRAB LEGS!!!!! Man, I had a bunch of them things too! I must have had at least 3 huge plates worth. They are so messy and annoying to eat but damn are they good. I skipped desert as I was more interested in the crab legs then fruit today. I got to say I feel bad for the buffet owners as that is almost all I ate!
I also got some new energy drinks from BigLots. I got a can of Joker+Juice which I assume will taste like Monster Khaos as Joker tastes like the old version of Monster. I also got 3 cans of Freak in different colored cans so I assume they are all different flavors. I had a 24oz can of Amp last night for something different. Hey for 50 cents a piece, why not.

No comments: