Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Friday, August 31, 2007

August 31, 2008

Well, yesterday was a short entry as I didn't start it until later in the day. I wanted to get the server up and running as fast as I can. You may have also noticed that I am in the process of adding a server status to each page under the logo. Its already on the index page so it may just stay there. I have to ask for a favor though. If you see a forbidden page error, I need you to email me as I forgot to chmod 777 the server again. I need to do this when ever I add a new page. I will be making a new email account for the server soon.
Well, the server is an old laptop I had. The T20 actually. Since there is no user interface, the processor should be okay without a fan. This is a temporary solution though. The laptop sits on that Targus ChillHub I got. I check the uptime frequently to make sure that it doesn't go down on me. As I have said before, its a 750MHZ Pentium 3 with 384MB of RAM.
The new domain really fits for me too. I mean, homelinux.com:81 (that :81 is needed) is perfect for a Linux geek like me. The server is hosted on Linux too. The server is a LAMPP server. Thats an Apache server. I can't remember what it means and I am too lazy to go look it up. I do know that its a Linux Apache server with SQL and PHP.
I can control the server through SSH and FTP too. Very cool if ya ask me. I am trying to find a good SSH client for my iPAQ. I would get one for my NEC too if it had a WiFi card. I have an FTP client for my iPAQ and even on my NEC with Total Commander. Not only is it the best freeware file manager but its also a FTP client!
You know, I would love to learn to touch type. It would really speed up my typing and make it possible to type in the dark. I am still pretty fast for the two finger typing. Well, sometimes I use my other fingers If they are really close to the letter I need. I use the pinky finger for the shift key. I also use my thumbs for the space bar. My friend just uses the index fingers only. Thats so annoying to need to reach down for the space bar. and the pinky is perfect for the shift and enter keys!
Thats another reason I really like the TrackPoint mouse. Its so much faster then using the touch pad. You don't need to move your fingers from the home row. and your thumb is perfect for the buttons when they are right under the space bar. Of course there is always the possibility of pressing a G H or B... Since the key is so close to the little nubby.
I got a haircut yesterday too. I feel a lot better now. I love having really short hair! It doesn't get in the way. That is the most annoying thing to me is really long hair. It just gets in your face and annoys you. I would rather be bald sometimes. When you sweat, your head gets drenched!
Well, I have started to try to find WiFi when ever I can now to check on th server. I am not worried about it staying up really as I know Ubuntu is really stable. I am worried about it shutting off because it over heated. That would be really bad for me. I also need to find a good place for it that its not in the way but I can get it when ever I need it.
I can not wait for the fall weather. Its just so hot here! I hate summer so much!!! I want to be outside but I can't. I end up getting annoyed and going back inside. I would love to use my RC more. I have been preparing it for the fall. Mostly cleaning it. I am tuning the engine nice. I went to put on my shaft starter too and guess what? I can't find the starter shaft! I don't know where I put it but I am sure I will find it soon enough. If not, I am fine with th pull starter for now.
I decided to get a small air compressor for cleaning the car. I am sick of trying to dig out the huge 10 gallon on form the shed. We got This from Harbor Freight for only 70 bucks! Pretty great deal huh?
I would love to get a real server like the IBM Z series. I would get one if I had the money but they are a lot of money! I think they cost over a million dollars! Way to much for me. Well, my site is very basic and probably draws very little use from the server.
You know sometimes I really miss having that Treo. It was so much easier to use in the car. Of course it is pretty much useless for me to have a Treo and not even have service. The data plan on Verizon would kill me! I would love to one of the devices that HTC makes without the cell phone part. Hell, even a Motorola Q without the phone.
One of the problems of having a laptop in the car is the sun on the screen. I forgot to clean mine so its covered in dust and the sun makes it all show. I have to start carrying a bottle of the cleaner and my cloth with me anymore. I have the backpack case, why not keep some stuff in it?
I am going to try and use my iPAQ more anymore. I figure I paid enough for the keyboard. I might as well give it some use right! Of course, when I work on these entries in OpenOffice.org... I save them as a .odt file. So thats a little bit of a problem now isn't it? The best thing though is using it for my the internet. Better then a magazine by far!
You know, I have been thinking of turning my buggy into a truggy. This would be better as a truggy is higher off the ground like a monster truck but handles good like a buggy. This would mean getting truck tires and rims, plus the adapters, and redoing the gear ratio. So the main question is it worth the money? It wold run better in the yard though.

No comments: