Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

August 18, 2007

Well, its Saturday once again so guess where I am going! The Chinese buffet! Yep, I go there a lot lately. I love Chinese food, especially buffets! We are going to that new one again. We are going for lunch though of course this time. No crab legs but its still great food.
Well, yesterday was fun. I helped a friend from school pick out a new laptop. He got a VAIO CR series in red from Best Buy. He got a damn nice computer for a pretty good price. It has 2GB of RAM which is really needed for Vista. Still, I can't help but being cheap and getting a budget model.
Well, I cleaned my room up again. I got rid of a lot of crap only keeping what I really need. This included my printer. I gave my dad back the UPS for the pellet stove since fall is coming. The only PDAs I have downstairs are my iPAQ and NEC. They are not on the desk though but in a drawer. I am trying to cut my dependence on the iPAQ. I only have my laptops on the main desk and on the little side desk I have my MP3 player and phone with my headset. I figure its the best way to keep this organized.
Well, I am getting Linux more to my liking. I have, as I said before, decided to not give up this time. I will NOT go back to Windows. I have gotten my ThinkPad T20 set to have some great battery life too. The estimate right now says FOUR hours. I don't know how true that is but if I can get 4 hours without the WiFi on... I will be very surprised. I also have the Acer very close to fool proof. Sure my WiFi is a little funky but its easy enough to reboot the computer.
Guess what I got! A NEW ROUTER! I got a D-Link DIR-615. This one is a Draft N router. I got it for 50 bucks! This is for my room so I can have a better signal in my room. Pretty great deal for a Draft N router huh?
Hey, I found a supply of those quick release connectors that my neck strap has. They are part of a calculator at Dollar Tree! The strap is a little small...

No comments: