Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR! GOOD BYE 2007, HELLO 2008!
Keeping in the tradition of News Years Resolutions, Here are mine for this new year. They may not be perfect but hey, I am trying!
I want to learn Japanese this year. Why? Well I am suppose to be getting that Victor InterLink C101 from my good friend in Japan soon. I am expecting it by Friday, depending on if the holiday slowed it down bad or not. I figure since learning Japanese is suppose to be easier with a PDA in Japanese, I would use it as an excuse. So far I know some letters! They are not that hard to draw either!
Another one of my resolutions this year is to read more books eBooks. I installed MobiPocket on the NEC so that will make it easier to read books. I found that the space bar acts as a next page button so I only need to rotate the screen and I have a Kindle! Well, maybe not a real one but its close and better then buying a real reader. I will try to find a greyscale one soon too. That would make it easier for outside reading. I also have thee old Casio E200 I could use.
Of course I already said I was going to use Linux as one of my resolutions. I have been on Ubuntu for 4 days now and I only needed to restart, though a few times, once. That may not be that great when you really consider that on Windows I had close to a month between reboots and I only had to because of Windows updates.
I also plan on doing some learning of programming. The only thing is I don't know what language I will choose yet. I am still undecided and might not even do it. We shall see! I might do Python since its easiest. Also good is C++ since its pretty well supported. I shall see!
I was thinking of making today a ranting post to open the new year but I decided that I would just skip the rant today and make it a happy day! I had lasagna at my grandparents for supper today. I hope everyone else had a happy New Year.
Heres the News page format. It will be now part of a blog entry. Heres todays news!
Roughed-Up Reveler Sues Club Over 3 Bottle Shakedown
What happens when you ignore the 3 bottle limit? Well, for this guy, its pretty nasty. He did get his revenge though! I just want to say one thing. Who buys 3 bottles of Vodka for 350 bucks a pop? Is getting drunk really this great that its worth at least 1050 bucks? Maybe if you are having some huge party but for one person?
100 things we didn't know last year
This is a very interesting read. For example, did you know that adding milk to you tea negates the health values of the tea in the first place? How about that chimpanzees make spears for hunting? How about that only half of the Chinese population can speak Mandarin, the national language? There is much more to read!
The 5 most annoying programs on your PC
Got a new PC for Christmas and its already running slow? Maybe you are guilty of running these 5 programs! I have to say that I agree totally and thats is one of the reasons I hate computers. Companies need to start making better programs! I am going to say this. One of the programs listed here is iTunes, used by the iPod, and that is one reason I hate the iPod!
5 packs to transform Windows to other OS
Do you still run Windows XP and think that you need to upgrade to make it look newer? Well, here is your new option. These 5 packs can make your computers look like a Mac, Vista, or Linux operating system. Since I don't have a PC to test them on. Sorry, but I can only say that I use Ubuntu to make my computer stand out!
Joystiq's top 10 games of 2007
Here is the top 10 games as chosen by Joystiq. I will not spoil them so just click the link!
Mozilla launches live chat support
Ever have a problem with FireFox and no one to help you? Well now that Mozilla has an online chat now, you can get help easy! I have to say though FireFox is easy enough to use for me, some people may not know how to do something.
Men Shoot Themselves in Tattoo Attempt
Wow, stupid people are getting stupider!
Accused Car Thief Has Very Unlucky Day
Not only did he steal 3 cars but he destroyed them all too!
Predictions for 2008
Here are Engadgets 2008 Technology Predictions

No comments: