Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Friday, July 27, 2007

July 27, 2007

Well, is SysAdmin Apprecation Day! Its the last Friday of every July. Pretty funny reason for a holiday if you ask me. Since this includes web masters such as my self...
Happy SysAdmin Appreciation Day to ME!
Since my friend got a Handheld PC like me now, he finally understands why I have a death grip on my NEC so badly. He got an older Compaq thats a little slower then mine but its nice. It takes a pair AA batteries, has a greyscale screen, and 8MB of RAM. It has Windows CE 2.11 like I do too. He doesn't have a nice keyboard like me though. I can type faster then he can on mine since I have the nice 92% full size keyboard. I just wish mine was as small as his. But I have both compact flash and PC card while he only has PC card!
I am really starting too see the main reason I love the NEC! Coding HTML! I can do it on the thing in a text file and rename to an HTML file. I also have to say that the wide screen makes this a breeze. Plus the fact of having such a nice keyboard to type on. I did notice one thing, CSS doesn't work on its web browser. Oh well right? Its old so I wasn't expecting everything new to work on it. But at least I can test the code.
I also found that this site isn't all that slow for dial up users. Good thing since that means I can get more readers. I hate waiting for a page to load so a fast load time is a good thing. Thats one of the great things bout having your pages as simple as mine. You can code them fast and they load fast!
I offered to give my friend a few pages on here but he didn't want them. Too bad really as I would love to share the 20GB I have. I will never use that much in my life! Hell, I can barely get this thing over a MB, let alone a GB. If I still had the forums, that size would be really handy. There is one thing I would love to do with this site and thats get it to be a nice big site!!!
There is one great thing about HTML... You can code it on almost anything. All you need is a text editor. If you can get it onto a computer that is. Sure its hard to code without a full size keyboard but it is possible to do. I have done this on numerous PDAs before. Its simple if you know how to get the keys for the tags. I have even coded in my Treo when I had it. That was a pain because you needed to use the option and FN keys.
There is one thing I would love to get just for the hell of it. A very old computer. That would be fun to code on! I seen some really cool PDAs that ran on DOS. Now I would love one of them to play with. I heard that the text editor on them can open a .txt from a memory card so I would be able to code on it.
I should check thrift shops like my friend does. He got the Compaq for 6 bucks. Man, thats a great deal if you ask me! The only thing he was missing for it was the sync cable and charger. But since his laptop has infrared, he can use that. The thing also takes 2 AA batteries so a charger is no nig deal for him.
Its really sad that I rather have an old computer then a new one! Why would I rather and old one??? Simple, they are really cool. The new ones are all the same to me anymore. I have a good enough laptop, why get another one? The old ones were really cool because they were different. It would be really fun to have one, even if it was just to mess with. Plus, its like owning a piece of history. Some old computers still sell for a lot of money.
Yeah, my geek side is really starting to show now! On a different subject now... My friend was thinking about getting a Wii for a bit but decided that they are just not worth it. Plus not to mention that annoying Wiimote. I rather use a keyboard and mouse for my games thanks. Too bad my laptop can't play most games I want to play though haha.
There are great reasons to play games on a computer... One is that the games are better. Another is the fact that they are easier to play. The main reason though is that you can upgrade the computer! No need to guy buy a new console!

No comments: