Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

July 7, 2007

Well, its Saturday once again! Its also the seventh day of the seventh month of the seventh year of the 21st century. I am no number freak but thats kind of funny. 7 + 7 + 7 = 21. Last year had June 6, 2006 though! Funny thing is that was the day we graduated last year. I was still a junior though.
Well all good things must come to an end. They disconnected out Sirius in the truck. We only had 6 free months anyway. We have to go get the kit to put in the other receiver now. Its not worth adding a second unit to the bill. That costs an extra 7 a month.
For my Focus, I plan on using my Zen Vision:M for music for when my parents have the Sirius. I rather use my Zen anyway as I prefer happy hardcore over anything on the radio any day. Nothing like blasting fast techno! Good thing my Zen gets good battery life! I don't have a car charger for it...
I am going to a new Chinese buffet later today. I love Chinese food! I will have a update with how the food was later. This is suppose to have a TON of food. I hope they have snow fish like the one I use to go to had before they changed owners. One good thing about Chinese food, its very easy to find. This new is pretty much down the road from the one I use to go to.
On the chair ordeal, I have decided to just compromise and get the mid-back chair. I wanted to get a full-back, but I guess I can give up a little comfort to actually have a chair. I will make an update later if I and when I get the chair.
I feel bad cheating on my Acer with this T20 but I am love. This is the best laptop I have ever used. Sure, my Acer is better specs wise, but that just doesn't match the level of comfort I get from using this T20. As you can see, the review will be a very positive one! I started it this morning actually. Heres just a few reasons why I love this T20 so much...
The keyboard is great. Its a not very soft yet not very stiff but has a firmness to it. The keyboard is also a bit quieter then my Acer. The only things I would change is that there is no Windows or "super" key on it, and the Insert/Delete/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn keys are at the top corner and not on the side. Otherwise, its perfect!!!
There is no touch pad which makes it great for in the car. Its much easier to use the TrackPoint in the car then try and use a touch pad. I also like the fact that it means much less moving your hands. The mouse buttons are right under the space bar so you can just use your thumbs. It really makes using the laptop in a tight space easier. I love how easy it is to move long distances with it too.
And the last reason I love using it over my Acer is that its a little smaller. The 14 inch screen is perfect. Compared to my 570, its just slightly bigger. Its a SVGA (or 1024 by 786) resolution screen. This makes it perfect for me since when I am doing the stuff for my site, I don't feel like the wide screen is a waste.
If I had to chose a new laptop, I would chose a ThinkPad, hands down. The Lenovo made T60 series is very nice as it has both a TrackPoint and a touch pad. This gives you the best of both worlds! While I do prefer the TrackPoint I do like touch pads to!
OK, on the chair topic... I got one that is pretty much the same as my old one. It was 80 bucks and a 3 year replacement plan was only 10 bucks more. So this means that if my chair breaks within 3 years of today, I get a new one. Pretty great deal huh? Also, it turns out my old one was a mid-back after all...
Now on the subject of the Chinese food! Well, to me, pretty much all Chinese food is good. This was close to the one we go to, so I think it may be from the same owners. None the less, they had different food and good food. Thats all the matters to me is the taste and selection.
I have been thinking about that damn ASUS Eee PC! The battery is suppose to be 5200MAH and the processor is only 900MHZ. I have read that battery life is about 3 hours. So heres my point... The battery is 800MAH more then my Acer, the screen is a lot smaller, and its all flash bases, not to mention slower.So why is it that it gets 3 hours like my Acer?
I have probably said this before but I want a laptop with amazing battery life. I just want to have a laptop that I don't need to charge every 3 hours. I have an inverter but some times I just hate having to use it in the car on every trip. I don't mind using it some times.
Heres the Perfect Laptop in my opinion. I will break it down into sections.
Battery life As stated, this needs to be at the least double digits. I could go with either a huge battery, double batteries, or a fuel cell. The battery can only be so big or it will be too heavy to be perfect. Another option would be a way to have hot swappable batteries, or make it hibernate fast enough to make it a quick task. A fuel cell could provide a quick way to get back up a running...
Processor This is a very touchy subject here. Whats right for me, isn't right for everyone. I want to have a very low clock speed, but have the speed of a faster one. This helps save battery life. I want to have a processor that can run at, say 500MHZ, but be just as fast a 2GHZ. This would be helped along by the...
Operating System This would be based on Linux. It would need to be very efficient as to make good use of the slower processor speed. This would make it cheaper to produce as well. Software can also be tailored to the slower speed. But to be the perfect computer, it needs to have good...
Standard Software There would be low weight office applications, such as AbiWord. Thunderbird, FireFox, and Pidgin would be standard applications. There would also be software such as NVU for web creation.
The case There must be one thing that the case needs to have. The intake vent would be placed on the top of the unit, where the keyboard is. This allows you to have the laptop on any surface without over heating issues. The outtake vents would be on the back of the unit. This prevents getting hot air blown onto your legs. A design that most fail to have in my opinion.
Size I want to have a laptop that, in my opinion, is the best size ratio: 12 inch. This is neither too small nor too big. Its perfect for me. It lets you have a full keyboard too.
Ports and other things I want at least 3 USB ports. One on each side and one on the back. There would be a hard drive instead of a flash based drive. To me,flash based drives aren't ready yet as they drive the cost up.

No comments: