Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Friday, July 6, 2007

July 6, 2007

Well, I found this a little funny! Guess what laptop I have beenusing now... Not my Acer, but the ThinkPad T20! Sure its only a 750MHZ Pentium III but it runs great! I am not saying that my Acer is bad though. Its just that this IBM is my new toy so I want to use it. Plus, the keyboard on it is just so quiet! I can hardly believe it compared to my other IBM. No wonder why people say IBM makes the best keyboards...
The news page has been a little dead. This is because I haven't really seen any news thats been of interest to me. I will try and find some news later. There may be a news post today, there may not be. Sorry for the inconvience to those who love the news page.
I forgot to mention that the site has reached over 200KB! This is a good milestone and I hope to get to 300KB soon! I also plan on checking the size more often to see what we are at. I may add this onto the index page. There will be at the very least, an announcement on the Announcement Page.
I have decided to change software again! I will be using NVU to make the page, but will be coding with AbiWord. This is because Dream Weaver will only run on my Acer and it makes the computer run hot. I will start putting a "Made with NVU" thing on the bottom of pages when I update them now. This will only be on pages that I update though.
You know, I found out a really easy way to update the site. I can just make a zip archive of the files I want to upload, and upload that small file. I can then unzip them on the site. This makes it easier since you can only upload 3 files at a time on 110MB.com with the file manager. I rather not have the hassle of trying to set up a FTP client.
I hate to say this but I decided that the ASUS EEE PC isn't a good idea. My dad brought this up actually. What happens when the SSD gets worn out? Flash only has a limited number of read/write cycles. Plus, at 7 inches, its kind of small. The screen bezel is much bigger then 7 inches too. The laptop is sized for a 10 inch screen. Plus, what I have been reading says that the battery life isn't really good anyway. I much rather use my IBM ThinkPad really. Its perfect for in the car use.
I have decided that it would be more beneficial to just get a battery and a 256MB stick of RAM for the T20. This will make it an even better computer for mobile use. I will probably get a few little small things with these just to make up the slack. Maybe a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card, or a second card reader like my 5 in 1 that is for laptops. I hate USB ones...
I now plan on getting rid of the Linux link now. This could also help me update all the pages to be Made with NVU and add the copyright line. This will not be an immediate thing as I am not in the mood to do another global overhaul. Plus, I may put Linux on the T20. There are a few other Linux distributions i can try. I will just have to experiment with it.
Nothing like a messed up lawn mower to make you feel stupid. I was cutting my grandparents grass and instead of using the rider, I rather use the self propelled push mower, as its easier for me. I miss less spots with the push mower. Plus, I can use the exercise of the push mower!

No comments: