Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

July 8, 2007

Well, I am going on a small car trip today. To Allentown actually. We are going to get a refugium for our reef tank. This hangs on the back of the tank to grow food for the tank. This is for growing 'pods' for our mandarin. Pods are little shrimp like things...
Seen the wind farm again today! This time they were at a good angle and you got to see the box too! Damn those things are huge! The company got more land to put up even more of them! The power company has to buy power for 17 years. I would love to have one of them in my yard for power...
Well, I am amazed at how much better then T20 is for the Focus. Its a lot easier to use it in the back. The Acer was too big and would bump the seat. This meant that when you would hit a bump, it would bump the seat. Plus the thing fits on my lap better!
The TrackPoint also makes car use a breeze! Its a lot easier for when I need to fix a typo or misspelling. Plus you don't need to move you hands all over the laptop. I can type comfortably and use the mouse with minimal room.
Since this is like all my other entries, it is stated in the morning and posted at night. I am about half way done with the T20 review. I have to retake some pictures though. I plan on getting is uploaded laster tonight or tomorrow.
I am also thinking about replacing the Linux page with a software page. This would be a place for software reviews mostly. I would also post my favorite freeware and announce new versions. Software reviews will still be on the reviews page also. This is not a definite change yet.
Well, T20 is getting a real work out today! I know I keep saying this but... I LOVE IT! I installed ActiveSync on it for my PDAs. This is a good computer for that as it has a serial port for my NEC, or at least it has a serial port! I need a new serial cable for the NEC as that broke. It has the infrared port (thats IR for those who don't know) so I can send files and sync through it. The only downside is the 1 USB port and its location. It is on the back but its in a hard to get to area.
USB is something that really annoys me. Its UNIVERSAL serial bus, so why aren't all the cables the same! I think we need to replace the B end with the Mini B on everything. This way we have one small sized connector. Next, we need to get rid of these special docks. Cradles are nice but why can't we make a Mini B cradle? Or if you really must use a special connector, why not have a Mini B too? They don't take up much more room.
I also hate that when I travel, I need to take so much crap with me. If everything used the same cable for charge and data, I could only carry one small cable. I have a retractable Mini B USB cable that I usea lot. Also would be nice is having universal laptop adapters. How about at the very least, make them work on 12V DC so I don't need an inverter.
OK update for ya! I finished the T20 review! Yep, I finished it!

No comments: