Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Monday, July 16, 2007

July 16, 2007

Its been awhile! The site updates were finished and now its time to get back to the blog. I ask that anyone reading this to please join my Forums. I would really like to see them grow and prosper.
The ThinkPad 570 Server (TP570S) is up and running. Now I have a wireless USB 1.1 160GB hard drive. It also acts as a shared printer. Seems like a good fitting use for a old laptop with a totally broken hinge if I do say so myself! The thing wouldn't get any other use so I think this is the perfect way to use it till it dies. So far, uptime has been a day. I will keep track of how many days it lasts. I should have used Linux but it is easier to do with XP.
I am really interested in trying to get the drive mapped on my PDA. Its easy to get it mapped on a computer. I have tried Total Commander and the built in file explorer and so far neither have worked. I am not really that concerned with getting it working as the one PDA that I do most of my code on doesn't have anything except dialup. So unless I get a WiFi card for it, I am not worried about PDA access.
The best reason to have this drive though is backup. This will make restoring my Acer much easier now. I could keep all I need in it! Just map the drive and there is all my files!
Really short entry, sorry

No comments: