Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February 06, 2008

Why is playing with old operating systems so much fun? I installed the Macintosh Emulation software again. So now I can play with a Mac OS 7 machine. Sure its really old but its still fun to mess around with. Since I have a way to extract files, I can do a post for the Blog in the emulater. Pretty cool if you ask me. I will have too see what kind of programs I can find for it. I know that I will be able to find old games for sure.

The bad thing about running a Mac in emulation is that the computer starts to heat up. I can get to 71C when running it sometimes so I lock mine to 800MHZ like I do on battery to keep the heat down. This also makes it feel more like an old Mac since it runs a little slower.

I have a 500MB "hard drive" made for it so I have a lot of room in case I find any cool programs. I could also make more drives. There is a 2GB limit so if I need to, I can make a 2GB one thats seperate from one that I made. What I really like is the fact that I can take the files off the image and even add files to it. The one that I normally use is not working correctly so I have a demo of TransMac installed. If you know how to fix HFVExplorer to make coping work correctly, please Email me so I can use that. I only have 30 days on the trial program.

I have decided that I will be adding a few new pages soon. One of them is going to be a page of facts. The thing is that I do not know how true they are though. I will post them from a thread on a forum I am, and a urban legends site that tells whether they are true or not. From them, I will post the true ones and maybe some others since they can be very interesting. They will have links to the page.

I have started listing the computer stuff I have and will be ready to start making the pages soon. I am still thinking about how to do these pages since I don't have pictures of everything and I do not want to post pictures from Google Images or anything. I will have that done soon I hope. I am busy doing other stuff like messing with Mac OS 7.

I am also thinking of learning some new tricks in HTML. I would love to learn image wrapping so I can have a picture with text on the side. This would make the site look a little nicer to me. I also want to redo the home page to make it better. Here are some ideas I have for the site...

I can remove the side bar on the homepage and just post the links in the center of the page. This is one thing I don't really want to do becuase it could mess up CSS on the site. If I do end up doing it this way, I will remove the links from the side bar and everything will be listed in the center of the page.

Another option is that I can have an updates link in the index. This option is putting the updates in the center of the index page. This would be the blog pages, anything I am currently working on, and maybe some announcements for when I will be adding stuff. This is a problem though as they will make the index page a lot bigger then it is now. I would like to keep that page to a minimum.

The third option I am considering is making a horizontal navigation bar and removing the CSS stuff to make the pages work better on older browsers like the one on my NEC MobilePro 780. Maybe I will do it, maybe I won't. I do like the idea of having the links on a side bar since it makes the site look better. I would like to use images for the links but that would be a bit of a pain since I would need to make them and add them to every page.

I doubt I will do much on the site really since it does look nice they way it already is. If you have an opinion, you can Email me your site ideas.

Weather today was dry for the most part but towards about 7 we started getting some thunder storms. Dinner was steak, baked potato, and a salad. I make a mean salad. Cucumbers, chick peas, and croutons drowned in balsamic vinegar.

No comments: