Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March 11, 2008

We went a few places today. We got Dominoes Pizza for supper today. I really like pizza since you can get some many different kinds of pizza. What makes pizza really good is that every pizza is different. The weather will be warm again tomorrow.

I decided to clean up my room a little bit since I needed some more space. I moved my printer out of the way since I never use it I set up a USB hub and the old Zip drive. I figure since the Acer sits on my desk a lot anyway I should connect some stuff to it. I also switched the power scheme to always on so it doesn't automatically shut off on me. When I close the lid now it just suspends.

I have been trying to find someone with some hinges for the 570. I rather use the 570 a little more since it is only 4 pounds. Its a lot easier to carry a 4 pound laptop. My T20 is only 5 pounds but its still a little heavy really. I am not one of those people that are too weak to carry a normal laptop.

One thing I wish I could get for the T20 is a Zip drive to replace the DVD drive since I don't need it that much. I could use a program called Magic Disc to run an ISO image as a virtual drive if I need a CD or DVD to install something.

The Zip drive may only be 100MB but its still useful really...It is a lot easier, at least in my opinion to use a disk then a flash drive sometimes. On my T20, the only USB port is on the back which means I need to turn it around to put the drive in. My USB port is also vertically oriented so I can not use some stuff because they are too big.

There is also a “PocketZIP” that they sell for laptops. This is a 40MB disk that fits in a PCMCIA adapter. They use to call it a Clik! Drive until the click of death law suit. They has a 100MB drive in development but it turned out to be vaporware. The thing is that I can use a compact flash or SD adapter in the PCMCIA card slot and its not a moving disk that can crash.

I picked up a copy of Quake 4 today. I can't get it to work on my laptop so I will try installing it on my dads computer tomorrow and see if it works. I need to get a better laptop one of these days that doesn't a SiS graphics card in it. Maybe I will get a new one soon.

No comments: