Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 1, 2008

Well, I have to say that I am going back to Windows again. Yes, I know I can not make up my mind. If it makes anyone feel better, I am only going back since I kind of LIKE Windows XP. There is nothing wrong with XP really. Its kind of upsetting since I just got Linux to work for the most part. I am not having any major problems with Linux but its slow to boot and kind of annoying.

I am glad that I made a backup of the Acer with the software that Acer put on the computer. This means that I can just delete the Linux partitions, run the recovery discs, then use the super grub disk I have to restore the Windows only boot record. Thankfully, its just a little long but easy for the most part.

I found this odd. The one thing that runs good on my ThinkPad is XP. I tried several Linux distributions and none seemed to be what I wanted. Puppy Linux was a pain to install and didn't have ACPI when I booted the live CD. Vector Linux Light ran really slowly. The installer for that was a pain too. SuSE ran the slowest for me though. The one that ran OKAY was Slax but I couldn't find out how to install it so I just put the 80GB with XP back in.

Well, today was a great day for getting stuff! I got a pair of Sony noise canceling headphones at Radio Shack for only 40 bucks. These are the ones that cost 100 bucks! These have a 1 year warranty on them since I have been known to break headphones a lot. I also got an 8GB A Data flash drive for 40 bucks at Office Max. I got a really great deal on this thing since the Sandisk ones are 80 at the cheapest I have seen.

We got like 3 inches of snow last night. Not much but enough to make stuff annoying. We went for Chinese food today. Wow today was great at the buffet. There was a lot of people so the food was always fresh and hot. I was really in the mood for this today! We were supposed to go last weekend but we didn't feel good so we stayed home.

No comments: