Announcements

Posting old entries, pardon the mess.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January 22, 2008

Supper today was chicken fingers and French fries. The coating on them was different from when we got them last time. They were not as hard or spicy. I really hope Tyson changed them because I really like them a lot more this way. I never have been a big fan of spicy food really.
I wanted to keep this off the blog until I actually got it but I told a few people on AIM and stuff so I figure since it didn't go as planned I have to wait till towards the end of February, I will just post it here. Well, this is going to be a long one so you should go get a nice cold drink.
Lets start from the beginning shall we? I decided to put the iPaq away due to the button problem. I had m friend Michelle send me the warranty information. I waited until today from a week ago to get the information.
I was told it was from Best Buy as my friend had made a mistake. So I figured that I had 400 bucks towards a new laptop. I found a nice Acer Extensa 5420 with a MAD Turion X2 1.9GHZ, 2Gb of RAM, and a 160GB hard drive. It was a 15.4" screen with an ATI Radeon Xpress 1250M. It looked great.
Since I was still waiting for the warranty, a nice HP was on sale this week. This was my new choice. Same stuff but a 14.1" screen and a NVidia GeForce GO 7150M. It is the HP Pavilion DV2715nr. The two laptops are Best Buy exclusives.
I waited through Sunday and yesterday for the mail to come today. So, the mail was late today and I suffered through that ordeal and what happened when it finally came? I find out that it was a Circuit City warranty and not Best Buy like I thought it was!
So this brings me to the next point. I go up Circuit City and I am told that you have to call the warranty service up and they will go through trouble shooting and such. So now I call up and then I am told that since it still has a manufactures warranty, I need to wait until February 5, 2008.
So now I a waiting until then to call up. They will go through the trouble shooting and they will send out a box for me to ship it to them. So now they will try and fix it. If they can't fix it, I will get either a replacement or store credit.
So now I am stuck waiting a lot more then I planned on. So I may just get something else instead of a new laptop. I will see what they have if and when I get the credit. If I don't find anything good I may just wait and see what happens. I will have to see if the credit ever expires.
Well, I am also getting sick I think. I have a slight fever right now. I don't have a runny nose nor am I sneezing though I am cold and tired. I am hoping that this is the most I get since I really do not want to be sick right now. I hate having a cold as it ruins everything on me.
We are suppose to get light snow tomorrow night! Who knows how much snow we will even get, since we didn't get what was supposed to come today. They change the forecast a lot anymore it seems. I would like to get a god few feet since we haven't gotten one good storm all year!

No comments: